If you are wondering how to write catchy titles for your blog posts, powerful headlines that makes people open your email, or engage on your social media posts or click on your pins on Pinterest then you are in the right place.
We are going to cover some easy tips and actionable tricks that can help you in writing catchy headlines. Includes great headline examples, list of catchy titles generators and a lot more. Do not forget to Download FREE list of 300+ catchy titles headlines ideas
Do you know what is the number 1 factor that makes people click and read your blog posts or articles via social media or Google search engines?
Yes. You guessed it right. It is your heading. The title you give to your posts.
Catchy headlines are not only important for social media posts but also your emails that you send to your subscribers. (If you have not yet set up your email marketing get started today)
A good headline can help you get loads and loads of traffic from various social medias and Google SERP.
Easy tips on How to write Catchy Headline
So, what can we do to write Good headings or headlines?
Before we go ahead, Please note that the same concepts below can be used to write subject of your emails and social media captions or advertisement or any other kind of content writing assignments.
Use Power Words in your Titles
Power words are persuasive descriptive words that trigger a positive or negative emotional
They are used by marketers, copywriters and bloggers to get people to click or buy the
Basically, when anything is written by using power words it converts.
Well as I have said before I am not good at copy writing but I am always learning. So, let us say if you see a heading
- Best books for kids. You may or may not click on it.
- 10 MUST HAVE books in your toddler’s library that all parents love
Which one would you click on? I would love to know which are the MUST HAVE books I need to get for my toddler.
So, next time you are writing an article, you can check out these 100 Power words to write Amazing headlines
I found this list here and have included few in pictures below so that you can refer to them easily.
PIN THIS POWER WORDS LIST TO REFER TO IT LATER
Use Numbers in your post Titles
There is something about using numbers in your post titles that makes it work. If I take the same example as above – 10 MUST HAVE books in your toddler’s library that all parents love
The number 10 makes me feel that the task is achievable. It somehow makes it simpler and much more concrete in my head. And I know what to expect even before I am clicking.
That I am going to see a list of 10 books that I could consider getting for my child.
It is said odd numbers like 7 or 9 work better in terms of conversion. But that is something you would need to try out on your own. I have also covered list posts in another section where I talk about different type of posts that you can write to get traffic to your blog.
“How to” headlines work great
Most of us on Google are searching for
“How to” do something. So, you can write How to posts and use that in headline.
Along with adding up some other tips that I have talked about.
For e.g. How to headline + solving the problem or mentioning pain points
– How to Encourage kids to show interest in reading when they won’t sit in one place.
Use the right length
Our headlines should be of the right length. Too short and tool long both not good. Use headlines that are shorter than 70 characters.
You can use YOAST plugin as a guidance when writing titles and meta descriptions (this is only possible for self-hosted WordPress blogs)
You can use Headline tools like Coschedule headline analyzer
It is a FREE tool that guides me how to write headlines and is very effective. It also gives you a general idea on WHAT TO DO when writing headlines.
Click on above link and download their power words tear sheet. It is very useful .
FREE Catchy titles generator or Content Ideas Generators list
More Easy tips for writing Catchy Titles
- Avoid Passive voice when writing headlines
- Ensure that your content aligns with your headline and delivers more than you promise
- Your headline should try to answer the question – What’s in it for the reader and should talk about the solution you are promising to your reader
- Use the language that is used and understood by your reader. Know your audience and use words and language that your audience uses.
- Your headline can have a sense of urgency – For e.g. phrases like “Are you making these mistakes”, “Before time runs out”
- Don’t get too creative with your headlines. Your headline should be crisp and clear. It should clearly tell what the article is about.
- You headline should pique curiosity – What mistakes am I making? What are the must have tools that are being talked about and son. Enticing and encouraging the readers to click.
- People want to read something that’s easy, that’s practical and that can give immediate results so words like “Simple”, “Easy” “Time saving” “Last minute” work great.
- You can also write multiple headlines for the same piece of content using ideas here.
And you can test various headlines on Co-schedule Headline analyzer and see which one gets a higher score. Also, the remaining headlines you can use when posting on Social media and see which one works better.
Catchy Headlines examples
- 5 Easy tricks to write Catchy headlines
- Step by Step guide to write Catchy headlines
- How to write catchy headlines that will attract more readers
- How to write Catchy headlines that get more clicks
- How to write Catchy headlines in 1 min and 7 seconds
- How to create Winning headlines in 9 simple steps
Notice how in above catchy titles – some headlines allude to making life simpler by mentioning easy tricks, other seem to give an idea of how it would take you lesser time, some focus on benefits like h – attract readers and help you get more clicks. Some mention number of steps so psychologically difficult tasks start looking simpler.
Take hard work out of writing catchy headlines, Download handy list of headlines that convert now
Liked this post on How to write Catchy Headlines
You may also want to read about How to monetize your blog in 2 minutes
In case if you liked this article on writing catchy titles do show your support by sharing this article.
PIN SIMPLE TIPS TO WRITE CATCHY HEADLINES
Do you have any more questions on writing headlines that convert or have an easy tip that worked for you ? Let me know using comments below. Would love to hear from you.
Neha Gupta (Blog Coach)
I have been blogging professionally since 2014. I do not only blog about blogging. I reveal and share what I have learned by earning money from my parenting website. So that YOU do not have the repeat the same mistakes I did and can grow and earn FASTER. You can expect some honest truths here.
Do not miss – Best Blogging Resources I use, avoid getting overwhelmed by the information on internet.